Construction of Yanchep Train station is just around the corner
If you’ve visited Yanchep lately you’ve probably heard the buzz about its soon-to-be constructed train station.
This end-of-the-line station is an extension of the Joondalup line known as the Yanchep Rail Extension, and will be built along the North West border of Vertex, Yanchep.
Construction should start in the middle of this year and will take about 18 months. This is exciting news if you commute for work or study to Joondalup or the city! You might also be interested to learn that:
- The train ride from Perth to Yanchep will take about 49 minutes
- The new station will become the heart of a strategic business centre planned for Yanchep and will be located near the future Toreopango Avenue, north of Yanchep Beach Road, east of Marmion Avenue and west of Wanneroo Road
- It will be “universally accessible” with passenger amenities, pedestrian and cycle access, a bus interchange and dedicated passenger drop-off areas
- There will also be 1,000 parking bays
- About 11,000 people are expected to board trains at this station each day by 2031
- The station will be build using a “cut and cover” tunnel approach and will have a “future-proof design” to accommodate expected population growth
- Two other train stations will be constructed at Eglinton and Alkimos
Find out more, and keep an eye on project updates, at https://www.metronet.wa.gov.au/projects/yanchep-rail-extension
For a limited time only Love $10k off your block. With land for sale starting at only $155,000 – what are you waiting for? Make the move today. Click here to find out more.